Monday, May 14, 2007

Dad burn it!!

I am a dad. I burned it. ‘It’ being my fingers.

Tonight while cooking dinner for my beloved children (we are eating healthy this week while mommy is away – mostly things that require frying in hot oil), I apparently overheated the cooking oil.

I realized this fact only while placing frozen popcorn chicken (little balls of minced chicken covered with some kind of breading – likely meant to increase nutritional value I am sure) into the hot oil, it began violently spitting and popping. This caused reasonable amounts of oil to leave the confines of the vessel it was sitting in, and jumping onto the plastic bag containing said popcorn chicken.

As the super-heated oil landed on said plastic bag, meltage did occur. Said meltage then resulted in a serious case of “Oh Crud!!” being exclaimed.

The result – burns on several fingers. Not sure if the burns are from melting plastic or from splashing hot oil. One of the fingers had blistered before I even turned my hand over to look at it.

But not all was a total loss. The chicken was not harmed in this process (it had been harmed long before it arrived in our house), and I proceeded to cook it, albeit at a lower temperature, along with some French fries. We all enjoyed. I winced a little.

Now . . .I am going to go find more ice to soothe my pains. As they say here in India . . . “My fingers are paining me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home