Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fried Food Festival

My wife and daughter have been out of town for almost a week now. They went with a couple of guests to a different part of the country. This left me home with my son for the week. We tend to find ways to enjoy our time together. I always try to make sure we do something fun and memorable, and often that includes doing something we would not do if mommy was here.

This time, we decided we were going to have a Fried Food Festival for the week. If it could not be fried in oil, we would not eat it. We even made a special trip to the store to get frying foods. Had a little ceremony and all.

We had popcorn chicken, french fries, tater tots, fish sticks, more fries, bacon and eggs (even though they were not fried in oil, we counted it since it was indeed fried in a pan), etc. The exception to our Fried Food Festival was Sunday night, which was popcorn and ice cream according to our family tradition for Sunday night.

Mommy and the girl come back tomorrow, and I think after a week of fried foods, the boy and I are both looking forward to some ‘real food’.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Brad said...

I dig the fried food. It makes me happy. In the states we have a Southern TV dame that likes to flaunt her fried-everything. You may have seen her on food network - Paula Dean. I once saw her take a stick of butter, coat it in corn chips, and deep fat fry it for 1 minute. She took a bite of it and I gagged up a chunk of my polish sausage - yuck.
Viva la Canola
bg

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Connections said...

So are you dead yet or just unable to move? :) Here's to mama returning really soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home