Thursday, November 29, 2007

Breakfast

Our daughter continues to crack me up. She can be so insightful at times, so willful at times, so unbelievably adorable most times, and other times . . . . . just plain ignorant.

This morning after dropping a friend at the airport and then dropping the boy off at his bus stop I came home to find some breakfast before heading out for a presentation I needed to make this morning. Upon opening the fridge door, I quickly realized, I was in trouble.

No bread, so that means no toast, which is my most common choice. No milk, so that means no cereal either. No Diet Coke, so that means no perky Kevin, at least not right away.

As I was recounting to my wife my thought process and having initially deduced I would be going without breakfast today, my daughter chimes in in her ‘you are so silly daddy’ voice and says “Noooooooooo, there are carrots!”

Carrots? Carrots did you say? She obviously has not gotten the memo that carrots are rabbit food and therfore not an acceptable breakfast food in Daddy-Land. But doggone it she was cute when she said it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home