Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What happened?

Went with Kristin today to go buy her a scooter to ride around town on. She basically said "I will get whatever you tell me to get." I wish everyone could be that easy to get along with. :)

As we sat in the dealer talking over options, we had narrowed it down to the one we thought was best for her. I asked the salesman how long the 'booking period' was for that one. He said 20 days. He then asked what color we wanted. We said Dark Grey. "Oh (said in that slow ooooooh, bad choice kind of tone), that one takes longer." he said. How much longer? "Another 10 days." What colors are available sooner? "Only Black and Silver." We will take Black.

He comes back a few minutes later, and say the best he can do is 15 days for a Black one. Fine, we will take it. Write up the paperwork. "You want to take it today?" he asks. Somewhat confused, I said "Yes, we want it today."

"Okay, it will take some time for fitting the accessories. Can you wait?" (he walks away)

Kristin now looks at me and says "Did you flex your muscles or something that I did not see? How did it just go from 20 days at first, to 15 days to you can have it today in such a short time?"

I have no idea what happened there, but we ended up paying for the vehicle and I am assured that tomorrow morning at 11 am they will have it all ready for me to pick up and drive away.

Things here are never the same thing twice. Keeps life interesting and full of surprises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home