Friday, September 30, 2005

Phone number learned? - Check!

My son came to me the other night and told me he needed to learn his phone number so he could tell his teacher at school. It was just he and I at home at that point (mommy was at the doctor with little sister who had a toe infection of some kind) so we decided to get going on learning our phone number. I would say a few numbers at a time and he would repeat them.

After only about 10-12 tries he was able to say it back to me with surprising confidence. We kept trying and practicing. By the time mommy and little sister got home he got a hold of mommy and exclaimed “Mommy, my phone number is _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.” She looked at me and then at him and asked “When did you learn that?” “Just now” came his proud reply. I nodded my agreement and explained what had happened.

I am amazed at how quickly they can pick things up when they decide they are ready to or when they decide they need to for whatever reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home