Thursday, June 07, 2007

A yucky cold story

WARNING – some of you might think the following is TMI (too much information). Read on at your own risk!


I am just getting over a cold. Had it for about a week now, and can’t wait to be rid of it. I am not a good sick person.

The other night I had quite a restless night of sleep. I keep a fan next to my side of the bed that blows across my upper body and head to help keep me cooler. At one point I woke up to what seemed like something wet splashing across my face. My first thought was that the monsoon rains had begun, and we now had a new leak in our roof, right on to my head. Great grief!

But no, that was not it. After waking up a bit more, I realized it was snot, dripping steadily from my nose, and as it was falling the air from the fan was blowing it – right back into my face and splashing on to my cheek before falling on to my pillow – which was by now soaked with my ‘nose nectar’. Pretty gross – even by my own usually low standards.

So there you have it. TMI. I warned you.

3 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Matt Deane said...

Definitely too much information!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Brad said...

Oh yes!

That's like when we were kids and we would tilt our head down and let spit slowly drip out our mouth. Then, when the precipitous moment of final salivation was about do descend. SHHHHHRRRRLLLLLRRRRPPPP. Suck it back up and do it all over again.

The effect is best when you hold your little brother and have your best friend do the salivary delight. Oooops, slipped.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger P Keener said...

There's nothing quite like a good snot story

 

Post a Comment

<< Home