Thursday, May 08, 2008

Zoiks!

Hard to believe it has been so long since I last put something up here. So much has happened since then, so I will not try to update on it all, but rather give some highlights, and maybe a lowlight or two.

The last two months have seen lots of people coming and going through our part of the world. We had friends come visit, teams left, right and center, and we had trips ourselves. My wife went to Germany for 10 days while I held down the fort (mostly successfully), and most recently I had a trip to North America for about 3 weeks that included about 9 cities. Mostly a good trip, but those trips can take a lot out of me as well as my family who is still here at home. I got to have a day of golfing with friends one day and then about a week later I got about 300 miles of therapy (on a 1400 cc bike with lots of open highway and a bright sunny Georgia day) with my friend Peter, which did us both some good. I have been home for 10 days now, and tomorrow, we leave again.

This trip is to the UK and France. First the UK, where my wife will attend her annual meetings as part of our work, while the kids and I traipse off to two other cities in England to go see friends we know through our work here. We will travel by a bunch of different trains, which the kids are very excited about. Then about 6 days later we meet back up with mommy for a few days of vacation in the London area. We have all kinds of fun things planned for those days.

Then, off to Paris, via the Eurostar train. The boy is very excited to go on a fast train, and through a tunnel no less. Very cool stuff. This will actually be his second time in Paris, but the first time he was less than a year old, so he does not remember it except by our stories and photos. He is now going on 7, so he will remember this one.

The girl is also very excited about this trip. She ‘knows’ everything about all the places we are going, and tries her best to let us know exactly how everything will go. We really hope they are able to enjoy this trip. We are also looking forward to some down time ourselves. This last year has not been easy on us as a family, so some downtime is a good thing.

So there you have it. A brief update. Confirmation of my continued existence at the least.

More later.

Btw . . . . . Total driveway shovels this year: 0!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home