Monday, June 27, 2005

The value of pespective

One of the things I am continually amazed at is the value of perspective. This is one thing that having good friends is especially good for. There have been a number of times recently where friends of mine have been able to see things in a way that I have not been able to. Some were so simple that it is almost embarrassing to admit, others were quite insightful and deep. In all of the cases I have seen that without their perspective, I would have been ill-equipped to make a wise decision or would have continued in a foul mood, etc.

This thought causes two responses within me. One, I want to be the kind of friend who others say “Thanks for helping me see things from your perspective. That was helpful.” Two, it makes me want to be more careful to seek the perspective of others more often, to keep me from being a total moron at least occasionally.

Perspective – it’s a good thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home