Friday, January 13, 2006

Cute as a bug's ear

My daughter never ceases to amaze me with her development, and often with her creative use of her new langauge skills. Being two and a half has its challenges, but she is learning and growing so quickly.

One of the things she does that I think is cute (for now anyways) is her mis-use of refering to herself in the first person. Instead of saying 'I am hungry' she will say 'My hungry'. 'I' is often replaced with 'my'.

The other day she was being very cute and cuddly and wanted to put her sun glasses on my face. I told her not to poke my eyes out with the stems while she was trying, and her response was 'My be nice to your eyes. My not poke them out.'

In spite of her cuteness, she still did not get to put the glasses on daddy's face as that would have likely resulted in a re-creation of that scene from the movie 'Tommy Boy', only this time involving glasses instead of a suit coat. Can anyone sing "Fat guy in a little pair of sun glasses"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home