Sunday, February 12, 2006

A small miracle

Traveled home today with my two kids and two other friends. I have been away from home for a month straight now, and was oh so looking forward to being home. Then we got to the airport and heard the rumblings of trouble.

Something about the pilots of the airline we were to fly on being on a strike of some kind, and all flights were grounded. The airline staff, of course, sort of assured us in their ever so guarded verbiage that ‘as of now the flight is still on time’.

People cancelling their tickets and rebooking on other airlines, followed by random crowds of obviously angry people barging into various offices around airport raised our anxiety. I really did not want to spend the whole day in the airport with my 4 year old and 2 year old. And to make matters worse, I was feelings the beginnings of what would turn out to be a pretty bad fever.

We prayed about the situation. My son, the 4 year old, has a knack for praying simple, yet terribly effective prayers.

My friends, perhaps not even realizing how I was feeling physically, did a great service to me by playing with my kids in the airport while we waited. And after asking numerous times, finally we were told to go through security and wait for the flight.

We boarded the plane and left, arriving home less then and hour and a half late, which according to the news was the best of any of that airline’s flights all day. Guess my son’s simple prayers worked again. One of these days I might learn to have faith like he does and quit worrying about so much stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home