Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Humility

Today, I hang my head in shame . . . .for I am a loser . . . at least in my matchup this last weekend for fantasy football.

I feel shame because I lost to a team that only fielded 6 out of a possible 9 players. My 9 still could not beat his 6. How pathetic is that?

The only redeeming part of this whole thing is that I thankfully resisted the urge to talk ‘smack’ prior to the games. I came soooooo close to throwing down a big ol’ string of smack to let everyone now I was now on the front end of a long and prosperous run in our league.

I look back now and am ever so glad I resisted that urge. For the shame of losing to a 6 man team is enough without adding to it a serious helping of humble-pie.

So now it is on to next weekend. Will I fall to the 1-4 team that rarely, if ever, updates their roster that I am up against this coming weekend, or will I prove incapable yet again of what should be an easy win? Let’s see.

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger P Keener said...

I too was humbled last weekend. Unfortunately when queried as to smack or not to smack, I chose smack (he also had an incomplete team).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home