Friday, December 29, 2006

Keeping up

My brother-in-law has a new feature on his blog about the total number of driveway shovels he has had to do this winter season. Not to be outdone, I have decided that I will occassionally offer an update on the same thing. As of today, December 29th, 2006, I have had to shovel our driveway zero times.

Total Driveway Shovels: 0

Somehow I suspect that number will not change much in the foreseeable future. This is due to several factors. One, we live in a place where the coldest it ever gets is somehwere in the high 50s or very low 60s. Two, we live in an apartment building, on the 5th floor, and therefore we have no driveway. Three, we live in a country where labor is so cheap for things like this that I would be considered a fool by locals to do such a thing myself, since I could pay someone pennies to do it for me. Four, if it ever did snow here, shoveling the driveway would be the least of my worries, since I would need to be more concerned with joining the herds for the great migration south to avoid the coming ice age.

But, nonetheless, I will periodically keep you updated on the number of times I have had to shovel the driveway.

3 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Matt Deane said...

That's awesome. Thanks for keeping us posted, Kevin.

You may notice a slight increase in my shoveling this week as I have had to take many attempts at scraping off the seven inches of snow that fell while we were in Detroit that melted a bit to a hard crusty mess. Oh joy!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Steve In India said...

I've missed two HUGE snowstorms bach home (Denver) during my time here in India and actually miss shoveling a little bit. But I have roommates. They actually pay me to shovel! How cool is that?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Jesse and Sarah said...

I love shoveling snow. It is the cold I have a distaste for. Last week it dropped to -48C in Winnipeg, my current residence. It feels like an ice age has allready hit my area of the globe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home