Wednesday, January 31, 2007

WOW!

A few days ago some friends from our home city arrived here for a two week visit. I would be spending the bulk of that two weeks with them in another part of the country doing various kinds of activities. Many of these are friends from a long ways back, so it is always good to see them.

A few days after they arrived the group leader asked me if I had gathered all my things that they brought for me and my family. In a slightly uncertain tone, I asked if he was talking about the small computer part we had ordered for a friend of ours, since that was all that I knew of that was coming for us.

“No” he said. “I am talking about the stuff that will nearly fill a suitcase that is for you guys.” Oh my. Not what I had expected.

After dinner I went to the luggage room and began looking through all that was there. I was honestly overwhelmed by not only the volume of goods, but by the creativity and specific nature of some of the goods. There were things in there that my wife had mentioned some time ago on her blog, and some things that just plain showed people knew us, or had thought of us and wanted to send something special. Nothing extravagant, just thoughtful.

The goodies sent over with the team were a very significant reminder that we are loved, thought of, and special to a number of people who took time out of their busy lives to buy something and make sure it got sent over with the team.

To each of you who sent things to us, a heartfelt than you from my and my family. You have blessed us in ways you likely won’t understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home