Thursday, July 07, 2005

The important things in life

While poking around on the internet today, I saw a story about a guy who was a ‘zealous’ Pittsburgh Steelers fan. He died this week and at his funeral he was placed sitting in a recliner in his pajamas, remote in hand, beer and smokes at his side, HD TV showing Steelers clips in front of him.

This got me thinking. One, pretty creative/different way to pay respect to a guy and honor what was important to him. I love creativity in things like this.

Two, on some levels, makes me wish I had something I was that ‘in to’ that would make people say “We have to incorporate this into his funeral.” Maybe there are things others see me as being that in to. Not sure what those would be, though.

Three, shouldn’t there be something more important to be remembered for than being a huge fan of a sporting team/event? Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, as long as there is something more to us. Sad part about the article is that it mentions precious little more about the guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home