Friday, September 02, 2005

Computer crazy

My world lately has consisted of way too many computers. Fixing (or trying to, anyways) someone’s old laptop, keeping my own ageing laptop going (the keyboard has started freaking out recently, and only seems to respond to ‘significant force’ to it in a rapid motion, a.k.a. known as beating on it), setting up the systems in our new office as well as building and setting up 40+ brand new machines with operating systems, productivity software, anti-virus, etc. I have seen more of various computers in the last week than I have of my own wife and kids. The worst part of it all is that I am not a trained computer guy at all. I am totally self-taught (admittedly that includes a number of people who have been very generous in their time and patience to help me learn new things along the way). Funny how things turn out like this some times. Who would have ever thought I would end up being a computer guy? Not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home