Monday, September 05, 2005

The sweetest joy

Over the last week or two there have been a few sweet moments of joy for me. Most of them involve a moment of love shown to me by one of my kids. The best ones are the unexpected ones. Coming in the front door after a long day of work to hear the most enthusiastic “DADDDYYY!!!!!!” That has to be to best. Or maybe an unsolicited “I love you”, said with the utmost sincerity that only a 2 or 4 year old can pull off. I have a hard time imagining that very many things could be better than a sweet moment of joy between parent and child like these. Makes a guy try to work harder at keeping the rest of the ‘stuff’ in perspective.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger P Keener said...

I have been thinking the exact same thing lately. Another one for me is when Noah says he is going to be a man just like me. A couple of days ago he told me he was growing a mustache to be just like me. Also when Kaara comes running to see me. Those things just get me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home