Monday, February 13, 2006

A bad morning

So today started out very rough. I was still not feeling well (from my fever from yesterday), and got up to get the kids ready to go to school. My wife will not be home for three more days, so the whole morning thing is up to me for a few days. I am not complaining at all. I really don’t mind getting the kids ready for school.

The day began to look not so good when a piece of plaster molding in our house suddenly decided to fall off the wall right as I walked by it, crashing to floor, scaring the bejeepers out of me and making a huge mess.

Then a few minutes later I get a call from my son’s school telling me that today is my son’s snack duty and I have to provide snacks for 22 kids in his class. We are to leave in 30 minutes, there is no food whatsoever in the house (since we had just gotten home yesterday from being gone for weeks on end) and there would be no stores open until at least 9:30 am, and the kids eat their snack at 10 am. No time.

The final clincher to the morning was shortly after the phone call about snacks, I discovered the kitchen door was locked and the keys were not working to open it up. I had a pot of water on the stove heating to clean the kids up a bit, so I could not just leave it locked and deal with it later. Finally, after trying my best to find another way in and running desperately short on time now, I gave the door a good swift kick and busted it open. So I am now faced with replacing a kitchen door, repairing the plaster molding from the wall, and somehow buying snacks for 22 kids . . . . all while dealing with a fever of 101.5.

The good news is that the rest of the day could only get better. Right?

It did. The door could very well be repairable upon further inspection, the wall molding will wait until we have more time to deal with it, and I found a store near the school that for some reason was open at 9 am, which is nothing short of a miracle in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home