Wednesday, April 19, 2006

They really can hear us

Any doubts about whether my kids can hear my voice have been clearly laid to rest. Sometimes (and any other honest parent will concur) you wonder whether your kids simply can not hear your voice any more. They seem to hear/listen to others just fine most times, but for some reason just can not seem to hear their own parents’ voices, no matter how close in proximity.

Last night we arrived in yet another new town on our whirlwind tour of America and I needed to run out and pick something up. I quietly asked my son if he wanted to come with me, and before the words were even out of my mouth, from the other end of the house came and extremely emphatic “I WANT TO GO TOO!!!!” from my 2 year old daughter.

Had I been asking her to pick up her toys or something else, I could have screamed at the top of my lungs and she would have feigned ignorance. However, a trip somewhere, and her ears apparently developed super-sensitivity.

So there you have it. ‘Scientific’ proof that kids use selective hearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home