Sunday, February 19, 2006

Let's make a deal . . . with a 4 year old

Last night my son was doing his homework and decided he was getting tired. So he told me he was done and would finish the rest tomorrow. “Nothing doing”, I said. And then he let fly with one of the funniest things I have heard come out of his mouth to date.

“Ok, dad. I’ll tell you what I will do. I will sleep SOOOOOOOOOOO nicely tonight that I won’t be tired in the morning and then I can do my homework SOOOOOOOOOO nicely then. OK??” That from a 4 year old with a grin on his face that was nearly impossible to resist. (He still had to finish his homework that night though. It almost worked.)

Can’t wait until that boy gets to be a little older to see what kind of deals he wants to strike with me then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home