Friday, February 17, 2006

Ordered my new computer

Well, I took the plunge today. I ordered my new laptop. Right now it is (hopefully) being assembled in a plant somewhere near Shanghai, to be delivered in the next 2 weeks to some friends in America. If all goes well it should be there by the time we get there in mid-March.

I am excited, and spent some time preparing all the necessary stuff to take with me to get it all set up once we get there. Email accounts and passwords, software cds and registration/activation codes, etc. I also ordered an inline surge protector and some additional RAM to install in it.

For those of you that want to drool with me, here are the specs:
2.13 Ghz Pentium M 770 (533 Mhz fsb, 2 MB L2 cache)
2 GB DDR2 PC2-4200 SDRAM (once I install the additional stuff I ordered)
100 GB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
Dual layer DVD RW Super-multi optical drive
128 MB dedicated video RAM
Windows XP Professional
Built in wireless and biometric reader
Port replicator/docking station
12 cell Li-Ion battery (good for 6-7 hours continuous use)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home