Saturday, November 11, 2006

Body parts

While having a tickle fight with my daughter the other day she made me laugh out loud, and got me to thinking.

I was tickling her legs, especially the inside of her thighs and her hamstrings. She was laughing loudly, and when she had had enough she playfully said “Daddy!! Stop!. Stop tickling my knee-arm-pits!”

“Your what? I asked.”

“My knee-arm-pits. This part, in the back of my knee.”

What is that part in the back of your knee called? I always just called it the back of my knee. Knee-arm-pit is a new one on me. But should it not be called a knee-pit, following the lead of the ‘arm-pit’ protocol? And while we are at it, shouldn’t the inside of your elbow be the arm-pit since it is truly in the middle of your arm and the inside of your shoulder (what we now call an arm-pit) be a shoulder-pit? So you have a shoulder-pit, an arm-pit, a knee-pit. Any other pits?

What about the belly button? Shouldn’t it be a belly-pit? It surely is a pit on some, especially us ‘full-figured boys’.

Are there other funny parts of our bodies that don’t have proper names? Or maybe they do and we just don’t know what they are.

Feel free to submit your suggestions for body parts with funny names or little known proper names for other parts. Please keep it family friendly!

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Brad said...

As for body parts, I am confused by the chin. Or, rather, the area above the chin and the lower lip. I have a bit of fur growing there in a soul patch kind of way. May I suggest that this be called the soul-chin or maybe lip patch area?
Unless yours is deep because you have a pouty lower lip, then maybe "lip -pit"
Anyway...Knee pit works for me.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks for stopping by, and for commenting, Brad.

I like the soul-chin. Havn't seen mine for the better part of 12 years now due to my beard, but I like it.

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home