Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The generosity of strangers

This last weekend I went to another city here in India to spend a couple days giving some orientation to a group of people who had come from the US. I had corresponded with the group leader by email and a couple times by phone, but other than that I did not know them at all before they arrived at the airport there.

We had a good time together, and before I left them to come back home, they told me they had brought a few things for me and my family. It turns out they had brought a suitcase full of snacks and goodies and things for me, my wife and my kids. This from people I had never met. And yet, knowing they would see me, they went to the trouble to buy all of this stuff and cart it to the other side of the world for us.

I was blown away by their generosity. Of course a big factor in this is the bond we all share in our Father and his Son, which made it all the more a great experience.

This got me thinking. . . . .I hope my family and I are generous with others as well. Knowing how good we felt that these strangers had cared enough to bring some things for us motivates me to help other experience that same feeling . . . the generosity of strangers.

A special thanks to our new friends (they are no longer strangers) from New Song LA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home