Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It ain't right!!

I am in a quandary right now. Faced with a situation that in my opinion is just simply not right. A decision was made, and in my opinion it was a less than stellar one. Likely not done vindictively (trying to give the benefit of the doubt), but with hurtful outcomes that the decision makers may or may not be aware of.

So what should I do about it? How hard do I push to make my feelings known? Do I simply inform the decision makers of the (hopefully) unintended outcomes of their decision? Do I try to work to right the perceived wrong? Or do I just simply let it be and do my best to move on?

If I do say something the strength of my feelings will likely taint the conversation. I often have a hard time with this when there is a clear principle that has been violated. How can the person not see that their decision was going to have this effect? Or maybe they did see it coming, and just don’t care. I don’t like thinking about people that way, but have had enough times getting burned by those very kind of people that I have to admit it is possible.

If I don’t say anything, it will continue to fester inside me. Until I can get things like this out, I have a hard time just letting them go. But will anything good come from talking about it? The pessimist in me says nothing will change, so save your breath.

Of course I also have to admit that my attitude might need to change in this regard too. The problem is not always ‘out there’ or with someone else. Sometimes, often times, I also need to shoulder some of the responsibility for the way things are. And it is also possible that the perceived wrong is not as big as it seems right now. I need to be careful to not overreact. I also need to be careful to not drag others into the situation unnecessarily.

Do, do, what shall I do?

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Amber Himes said...

You should make the decision maker aware of the consequences of their decision (ever so calmly and diplomatically) and also of your feelings on the matter. Give them a chance to respond and perhaps some light will be shed on the matter. Make it a goal to come to an understanding of their side of the story (and hope that they will do the same for you). Try and make an agreement about how to approach the situation in the future.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Give the guy a snow shovel...
Up side the head...

K
I've been there. There are so many dynamics in these situations. The worst is when they are a brother and still are clueless.

I always hate it when the creator hands me these situations and I think I am the one wronged. Come to find out that the faith-lesson I am supposed to learn is only about me and my sin issues (hate, anger, lack of forgiveness etc.).

Learn
Brad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home