Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Pope's Lake House

Spent a few days in Detroit this weekend for some meetings. The people I was meeting with had arranged for me to stay at the lake house of some friends, whose last name is Pope. So I got to stay at the Pope's Lake House. :)

The lake house turned out to be a one bedroom lake front house right behind their main house. It sat about 100 yards away from the big house, and only 10 feet from the lake. What a beautiful place. I loved it there. Ended up having my meetings there in the house.

One of the funny parts of that whole thing was when I arrived at the house. There was a man outside pressure washing the patios and walkways. I called out to him several times, but he did not hear me. I tried to stand where he could see me out of his peripheral vision, but when he did finally see me apparently my 6’2” large frame startled him significantly. He jumped and turned toward me, trying not to act too startled, but not succeeding. I apologized for scaring him and went inside, laughing to myself at the sight of him jumping like that. Things like that are always good for a laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home