Friday, August 05, 2005

Never normal (Part 2)

After all of the excitement surrounding getting my mom to India, our attention quickly turned to now getting my wife and I out of India to go for our meetings (my mom had basically come to take care of her grandkids while we are out of the country). We made all kinds of contingency plans for this as well.

End of the day, everything worked out just fine, and we had no trouble at all. In fact, I even got upgraded to World Business Class on the flight from Bombay to Amsterdam. One of the perks of being a Platinum Elite member. That is not a normal experience either, though. Out of the literally dozens of times I have flown on that exact same flight, I have only been upgraded 3 times. But it is sure nice when it does happen.

This trip did not involve any crazy people on the flights or people being declared dead on the flights (yes those have both happened to me) or any other such incidents taking place, but the ‘not normal’ part of this trip was the worry about the airport in Bombay being under so much water that we would not be able to get out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home